Transparency International - Sierra Leone
The Global Coalition against Corruption - Fighting Corruption in Sierra Leone
TI-SL EBOLA ACTIVITIES
In a bid to support efforts by international actors the government of Sierra Leone and other national stakeholders to curb the outbreak of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in Sierra Leone, TI-SL embarked on the following activities:
(A) Production and Broadcast of a Jingle containing key messages.
- The Jingle was broadcasted on the following Radio Station
- Radio Democracy 98.1 and SLBC Radio
- 99.9 for a period of one month.
(B) The Posters were developed and circulated to various office and posted at strategic point
in the Western Area Urban and Rural District
- Development and Circulation of Posters with Key messages.
(C The Public Sensitization was done using a Public Address System.
- Public Sensitization Outreach to local communities in the Western Area Urban and Rural
The focus of these activities were to increase public awareness on the continued spread of the EVD due to unsafe practices negative habits of people. The messages focused on the need for transparency and accountability of Ebola Response funds utilized by the government and other stakeholders as well as the negative impact, challenges and limitations posed by the continued spread of the disease on national development efforts.
Areas visited during the Public Sensitization outreach were as follows:
AREAS COVERED DURING THE EBOLA SENSITIZATION IN FREETOWN
Black Hall Road
Kissy bypass Road
Shell Old Road
Shell New Road
Goderich Street Lorry Park
Sani abacha Street
Kroo Town Road Market
Congo Town Market
Signal Hill Lorry Park.
AREA COVERED ON EBOLA SENSITIZATION WESTERN RURAL
Waterloo Police Station
Tombo Lorry Park
Kono Lorry Park – Waterloo
Bassa Town Market – Waterloo
Campbell Town – Waterloo
Freetown Lorry Park – Waterloo
Monitoring of Ebola Response
- Activities the effectiveness of Quarantine homes
- Radio Sensitization Programme on ‘the effect of corruption and the Ebola Epidemic on Women in Sierra Leone’.
TISL - KMB-Ray Group SL March 2017 TISL © 2008 - 2017